Duck & Waffle / Wilderness Festival


One of the reasons I was drawn to Wilderness festival was because of the food. Not stodgy greasy crap from vans on wheels, but gourmet offerings from traders who truely care about produce and flavour. The 'Dining Room' tent featured five pop-ups from critically acclaimed restaurants, including Duck and Waffle. I've wanted to dine at their restaurant in Heron Tower, London for so long now and couldn't wait to sample their signature dish.

A crispy confit duck leg placed on a waffle, with a fried duck egg balanced delicately on top with mustard seeds and lashings of maple syrup; the signature dish of 'Duck and Waffle' tastes fabulous! I savoured every bite, from the crispy duck skin, to the soft doughy crunch of the waffle. The flavours of the duck egg worked wonderfully with the maple syrup, savoury and sweet is certainly the best combination!

This dish would be perfect anytime of the day and this is made possible by the fact the Duck and Waffle restaurant is open 24hours a day, 7 days a week in Heron Tower in London. I'll be paying a visit soon, watch this space!

Have you ever tried Duck and Waffle?




For more follow me on

5 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! So hungry right now :p
    Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/ootd-minimal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definately recommend trying it! Il check out your post :)

      Delete
  2. Holy f*ck. I'm a vegetarian and I want that. Hahaha. Looks amaaazing!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they do a veggie version, but it would probably be just a waffle haha

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.