Five Guys / Burger Review



On a recent trip to Lakeside shopping centre, I was eager to try the American imported Five Guys burger joint in the food court. Founded in Washington DC by the Murrell family, Five Guys are known for their endless burger and drink combinations as well good quality fast food.

Not having been before I was confused on how to order when I got to the till, so here's the low down. First of all you choose the type of burger / hot dog you want, then add on all extras such as sauce, cheese, onions, gherkins etc. Fries can be added on as extras and I would recommend the regular portion between two people, as it's huge! After ordering, you are given a number and have to wait by the pick up counter for your food in a brown paper bag.

I was quite excited about using the soft drink vending style machine, where you place your cup and choose your flavours and brands from the Coca-Cola umbrella. There are endless flavour combinations, but I decided to stick with just one drink Cherry Vanilla Coke! I've never tried it before and it tasted pretty good!

When I unravelled my cheeseburger (£8) from the foil wrapper, I drooled with anticipation as I saw oozing cheese and a soft sesame seed bun. I was happy to see that the burger was quite large considering the price and the large quantity of the regular portion of fries (£4). I loved the melted American cheese and the burger patty was great, but overall it didn't stand out from the crowd taste wise.. Good fast food and nothing more, Five Guys provides what it sets out to achieve but doesn't wow.



Perfect for food on the move or a statisying greasy lunch, Five Guys raises the bar for fast food, leaving behind burger chains such as McDonalds. The food is great if you're looking for fast easy food, but when compared to burger joints such as Byron and Meat Liquor, Five Guys just falls short on taste.

With 250,000 burger combinations and over 100 Coca Cola drink options, Five Guys are not for the indecisive.


Pickle Rating:




Mess Rating:





For more follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.