'Ari Gold' Cheeseburger / Patty & Bun Burger Review


Finally I got round to eating at Patty & Bun! Turns out it's right near my new job too, how amazing! Directly opposite McDonalds just outside of London Liverpool St station, Patty & Bun is one for the burger enthusiasts. With a take out window for burgers on the go, Patty & Bun are redefining the meaning of 'fast food'; providing good quality burgers instead of processed crap like the global chain on the opposite side of the road. Just to prove this, the Patty & Bun website states 'Passionate about the ultimate comfort food, we aim to deliver a unique and truly memorable burger experience.' They certainly succeed in doing this.

Stepping in to Patty & Bun I was surprised to see how tiny it was inside, I wouldn't recommend eating inside if you're coming in a big group due to lack of table space. Ideally it's the best place to come in on your own or in a twosome. The staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome, which I think is great! Each time I've been they asked if I enjoyed the burger which is also a plus. 


I knew I had to choose the Ari Gold cheeseburger when I saw the menu: beef patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions, ketchup, smokey p&B mayo in a brioche bun for £7.50. Presented fast food style on a metal tray, with a napkin, wet wipe and the burger wrapped up with a Patty & Bun sticker, I was very excited to get stuck in! 

I literally enjoyed every bit of this burger, from the soft brioche bun, to the melt in the mouth meat of the patty. The pickled onions and cheesy goodness stood out for me, as I noticed I don't normally taste the cheese in cheeseburgers. The cheese in the Ari Gold stood out and took centre stage, what is this cheesy secret? I need to know.

I didn't bother ordering sides as I usually struggle eating everything up if I'm on my own and don't have anyone else to eat it up for me! I do however quite fancy trying the Winger Winger Chicken Dinner (£5.50) which consists of smoked confit wings with BBQ sauce and spring onions. 

I've now got my eye on the 'Hot Chic' chicken burger and the Patty & Bun breakfast!


I had to introduce the mess rating after eating the Ari Gold cheeseburger. Hands down it was the messiest burger I have ever eaten, due to the lashing of sauce and gooey cheese. I had it everywhere on my face; chin, cheeks, nose, forehead and even in my hair! 

Pickle Rating:



Mess Rating:




Can you recommend any good burger or food restaurants?

I love trying new things!



Follow me on

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Now here's another burger joint going on the list! Looks delicious. If you haven't been, I'd say check out Honest Burgers, the chicken burger is incredible and the chips are 'honestly' the best.

    Why did you mark it 4/5 pickles? Was it the price? Very pricey and it doesn't include chips!!

    Love reading through your blog!
    x
    www.theherissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to go to Honest Burger! I've now put it at the top of my list, thank you for the recommendation!

    Compared to other burgers I've had it doesn't quite make it to 5/5, it takes something special to make it to the top! Still really love Patty & Bun though.

    Thank you that's lovely to hear :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.