Gingerbread Pancakes with Blueberry & Pancetta Compote Recipe


Many people have attempted to cook and flip pancakes today seeing as it's Shrove Tuesday, however pancakes are something I enjoy on a weekly basis. Why wait once a year to eat the most amazing, tastiest breakfast? I have been making my gingerbread pancakes (as featured on a previous post) that were inspired by Lorraine Pascale's recipe, which I tweaked to my mum's own recipe. This time I have been experimenting with blueberries by creating a compote, which accompanies the gingerbread really well and tastes so good!



Serves two people

Ingredients

1/2 packet of blueberries
1/4 to 1/2 a packet of pancetta or prosciutto
A few squirts of maple syrup or golden syrup

1. In a frying pan add oil until hot then fry the pancetta or prosciutto until crispy.
2. Throw in the blueberries and a few squirts of maple or golden syrup.
3. Leave to simmer on a low to medium heat stirring occasionally.
4. When the blueberries are soft and there is a thick consistency in the pan, it will be ready to serve immediately on top of the pancakes.

Warning: These are extremely addictive!


Follow me on


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.